Bioderma vs L'Oreal - The Battle of Micellar Waters

I bet more then one was curious how the new L'Oreal Sublime Soft Pure Micellar Cleansing Water compares to the infamous Bioderma Sensibio Micelle Solution. When the L'Oreal one hit the shelf this summer I was so excited than I may find a cheaper version of my beloved Bioderma, but did I?


As the ingredient list goes, both have a pretty simple one, without comedogenic or irritating ingredients, which is a big selling point to me. They are both targeted to people with sensitive or dry skin, so it should fit most, but from my experience, the L'Oreal Sublime Soft Pure Micellar Cleansing Water seemed to dry my skin in time.

While the L'Oreal version seems to dry my skin, Bioderma Sensibio Micelle Solution seems to irritate my eyes a bit. It doesn't sting or anything, buy my eyes are so red after using this to remove my eye makeup. I find that both, Bioderma and L'Oreal, don't excel at removing waterproof mascara or eyeliner and you need to do a little bit of rubbing in order to remove everything.

Concerning the "power of cleaning" face makeup, Bioderma definitely stands out! When using the Bioderma Sensibio Micelle Solution, I remove all my makeup with 2 big cotton pads, while using the L'Oreal one I need around 4 big cotton pads to be sure my face is clean.

Price wise, a 500 ml of Bioderma Sensibio Micelle Solution (which is one the one I usually get, though in the picture is a small 100ml one) costs around 17-18€, while a 250ml of L'Oreal Sublime Soft Pure Micellar Cleansing Water costs around 5€.

Which one I recommend? 

I totally choose Bioderma for myself. I use it for almost 1 year and it haven't failed yet. Though I need to have a separate eye makeup remover, that's fine with me. I don't say the L'Oreal product is a bad one, but it's just not for my skin. Also, because it runs out faster, money wise, I think it's the  same. If you want to give a try to micelle solutions, you can try the L'Oreal one, to see if they are for you, before stepping up and buying the Bioderma. Also, keep in mind that cosmetic products, usually work different on different people. 

Which one do you prefer? What are you using to remove your makeup?

xoxo
Cristina


3 comments

  1. I totally agree! I prefer the Bioderma too, I can absolutely tell the different from the two. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't try Bioderma, but I wanted. Just it's kinda expensive. So I read reviews and found some who also compared this two Loreal and Bioderma and several people said they are the same, just some anyway prefer Bioderma because it's pharmacy brand. I decided to try Loreal and I used it for 3 days I think and I like it. Just I don't remove makeup with it. I start with cleansing milk and then I take leftovers of makeup with this solution. and then I wash my face:D Yeah I'm doing a lot of things:D But skin feels cleaner. Sometime I use this solution like toner if I don't wear makeup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust, I do a lot when cleansing my face also, but this helped me improve my skin and got rid of some nasty acne.

      Delete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment :) It will make my day
Always check back for a reply, I am answering all the comments xo