Best Foundation for Dry Skin? - Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation Review

A few years ago I wrote this comparison review for the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation- the original formula. I compared it with the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation and I favored the latter because it was lasting better on my then oily skin. Fast forward 4 years and 2 foundation formulas later, I am back reviewing the Healthy Mix foundation, this time on a quest to find the best base for my dry / combination skin.

Bourjois Healthy mix foundation review

The formula currently available was first released in 2017 and at the same time they improved the shade range from 8 shades to 15. It still comes in a 30 ml bottle (this time made of glass) and it retails for about £10  .

Four years ago, I was using the lightest shade, 51 Light Vanilla, and I was complaining it was a little bit too dark. I am pleased to say that 50 Rose Ivory, the new lightest shade, makes the Bourjois Health Mix Foundation the best colour match I had in years and it doesn't oxidize throughout the day!

Nowadays my skin is more on the combination-dry side, so I enjoy the dewy finish a lot more. The texture is light and it does't cling to dry patches, while giving light to medium coverage. I am not sure exactly what Bourjois change about the formula, but this one feels more 'liquidy', rather than the gel-like texture from the past.

Bourjois healthy mix foundation coverage before and after

With my skin being now on the drier side, I can get up to 12 hours wear on normal days, without having my skin looking dry and flaky at the end of the day. Just to give you some context, I use the Smashbox Primer Water to prime, the Barry M Matte Setting Spray right after I applied my foundation and concealer and the Primer Water again after bronzer, blush, etc. I do not set it with powder and I still get amazing staying power for such a light weight foundation.

bourjois healthy mix foundation review lasting power

It does crease a little between the eyebrows and sometimes is settles in my smile lines, but this is easily fixed by using a silicone primer (I don't bother with it on everyday bases, because I am all about saving time in the mornings). The blush and bronzer are wearing off evenly, with most of intensity still there at the end of the day.

Overall, I think this is best formula Bourjois has had for this foundation. It has become my everyday foundation and the best natural looking foundation for dry skin I tried in the past year. If you have dry or dehydrated skin and you are looking for a dewy lightweight foundation with light medium coverage, DON'T hesitate to pick up the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation!

3 comments

  1. This constantly amazes me exactly how blog owners for example yourself can find the time and also the commitment to keep on composing fantastic blog posts. Your site isexcellent and one of my own ought to read blogs. I simply want to thank you. https://royalcbd.com/product/cbd-salve/

    ReplyDelete
  2. CBD is generally well tolerated. Some people report that it makes them sleepy or drops blood pressure. Since there are cannabinoid receptors in the skin, you might notice dry skin after using CBD. https://www.weednews.co/best-cbd-oil/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bred by BOG Seeds, Sour Boggle is a cross of Bogglegum and Sour Bubble. There are many different phenotypes of OG Kush, including Tahoe OG, SFV OG, and Ghost OG https://nobullshitseeds.com/bruce-banner-seeds/

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment :) It will make my day
Always check back for a reply, I am answering all the comments xo