Blogust #2: July Favorites!

Hello lovely people :)

I said it yesterday and I say it again: I am back ! Being the beginning of the August, what better time to do my July favorites? I shopped quite a lot during my "blogging brake", so this time I will show you a lot of new favorites which are also summer themed.

Without further due, I present you my July faves:


Till now I wasn't really lucky with BB creams: I liked the Garnier one, but I knew I can find better. After the disaster with Asian BB creams, I stopped searching for the perfect BB cream....This was till this summer, when I saw a commercial about the Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream. I was totally drowned into it when I saw it have 2% salicylic acid and I decided to give it a try. I don't know if it necessary helped my pimples to heal faster, but it was nice on its own during the day and as a foundation "primer" during the evening. It had a dewy finish, without looking greasy. The down side is that it doesn't have good oil control, but this can be easily solved with a powder.

For powder, most of the days I chose essence all about matt! If you are searching for something to keep you matte for 8+hours, this is your what you looking for! It sets the makeup beautifully and the oil control is fabulous. I am using this on clients also and they love it also, but you need to be careful not to use too much or you'll be left with a "flour face".

My favorite blush for summer is NYX Powder Blush in Summer Peach. It is a gorgeous peachy color with golden simmer that I think will fit most skin tones. It's pretty pigmented and it lasts quite well on skin.



Because summer in Romania is hot (and when I say hot, I mean it!), I was thinking about purchasing a setting spray, so my makeup will last longer, but than I remembered that thermal water (in the picture: Avene Thermal Water) can be an amazing setting spray and I gave it a try....It's amazing!! It gets rid of a powdery finish like no other and also helps the lasting powder of my makeup. I usually spray it on my face after doing my face makeup and eyebrows. Lately I used a small bottle of thermal water to refresh my skin during long hot days and it excelled at that as well.

Best mascara? essence I love extreme mascara....You really don't need false lashes with this! It is a little tricky at first because it has a thicker formula, but if you clean the brush well, there won't be any clumping. It smudged on me only once, but I have a feeling it was my eye cream's fault.


On my lips I used everyday for 2 weeks the NYX Butter Gloss in Peach Cobbler. I love that it isn't sticky and it's very pigmented. I'm definitely getting more shades of this.


Last, but not least, I loved the Rimmel 60 seconds nail polish in 415 instyle coral. It needs around 2 coats to get fully opaque and it lasted on my nails around 8 days with only one small chip. 


For some reason, in July I loved peachy -"orange-y" shades and looking back, this reflected in my clothing items as well. Anyways, I would totally love to find out your July favorites, so don't be shy and leave a comment below.

xoxo
Cristina

4 comments

  1. the colour of the butter gloss looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great favourites! I've been loving that BB cream too :)

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avene thermal spray is great~
    If you do re-purchase or curious about other french skincare products, check out my website.
    I've just opened up an online French skincare boutique where I stock many cult favorites; all at competitive prices and worldwide shipping.
    I'd love if you came by and had a look around ~

    www.frenchcares.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love BB Creams too...the nail colour looks so nice

    xoxo
    xoxo
    The Blah Queen
    Garnier BB Cream Review

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment :) It will make my day
Always check back for a reply, I am answering all the comments xo