theBalm Sexy Mama Translucent Powder Review

I am trying my best right now to be more organized and find time for blogging and considering you are reading this, it means that I'm managing! Anyways, let get to today's subject: theBalm Sexy Mama Translucent Powder. You may have heard me talking about this powder in the beginning of the year and how much I loved it, but how do I feel about it now?


theBalm Sexy Mama Translucent Power is, like the name says, a translucent matifying powder. I guess the difference between this and other oil absorbing powder are the tiny oil absorbing spheres, like it says on the back of the packaging, Ingredient wise, the only ingredient which can be ever so slightly comedogenic is dimethicone, but I wouldn't worry much about it as it is last on the ingredient list - I have acne prone skin and this never caused a problem.

Thought in the pan the powder tends to have a yellowish tint to it, on skin it's fully translucent.


Like I said in the beginning, I mentioned this powder a lot in the first part of the year and I was in love with it, but then something happened.... A weird hard layer started to develop on the surface of it making it very hard to pick up product on the brush..I am not really sure how this happened because I am always using a clean brush and I never use powder to retouch my makeup during the day...I tried to scratch it but after few uses that came back and I am not sure why. Also, I am not sure that this isn't the faulty item or something, because I didn't hear anyone having this problem...

How it performs? Great during the winter and early spring and acceptable in hot weather, but let me give you more details....From January till end of April (while I was in Finland) I was 100% satisfied with this powder. It kept me matte mostly forever, but also my skin wasn't so oily. In the end of April I went back to Romania where weather was warmer and more humid, and unfortunately, theBalm Sexy Mama powder started to fail me. While the weather was getting hotter, my face was staying matte for less and less. I think in June, the maximum "matte time" was 3 hour and also the hard layer was becoming more and more annoying, so I changed it to essence all about matt powder.

Bottom line: Probably if I had written this post in March/April, it would have been a rave review, but now not really.  For months this was the ideal powder and I was definitely thinking about repurchasing, but now I am not so sure. I want a powder that works anytime and I don't have to "work hard" to get it from the pan. It is not so pricy (£12,50 on feelunique.com), but I would rather take those money and find something else. I still love everything else I tried from theBalm, but I guess this is just not for me.

Have you tried theBalm Sexy Mama Translucent Powder? What's your experience with it?

xoxo
Cristina




No comments

Don't be shy! Leave a comment :) It will make my day
Always check back for a reply, I am answering all the comments xo