Maybelline Color Whisper - 160 Rose of Attraction - Review&Swatches

If you read my March favorites post, you already know how much I love the Maybelline Color Whisper in 160 Rose of Attraction, but I thought it's a good idea to explain why I love it and show some swatches.


Let me start by telling you how excited I was when I saw the Color Whispers in shops while being in Estonia last spring. I didn't get the chance to try the much raved Revlon Lip butters, so when I saw I have the chance to buy a raved product I didn't even think twice: I looked at the color available and picked my favorite (I would have bought all, but my boyfriend managed to reason with me).

Rose of Attraction, as the names says, it a pretty rosy color. It looks much darker and pinker in the tube than it does on the lips, but that's totally fine with me.


Here is a close up of my lips while wearing this. When first applied, the color is on the sheer side, but with 2-3 layers, you get the intensity shown in the lip swatch. A detail that I never noticed (but my boyfriend did) is that Rose of Attraction stains your lips. The initial shine goes away after 2 hours (if you eat, even faster), but the stain stays for at least 2-3 hours more. In my books, this is always a plus, as I can add some shine with a lip balm, if I don't have a mirror close by. Honestly, it's not like you really need a mirror when applying this, but because I had some bad experience, I always prefer to apply any tinted lip products in front of a mirror.


As you can see from the full face picture, the shade looks very natural on my skin tone (kind of my lips but better), and in my opinion, it works the best on fair to medium skin tones.

I don't remember the exact price, and I don't seem to find it in any online shop, but I know it definitely cost under 10 euros.

Overall, I really like the Maybelline Color Whisper in Rose of Attraction and I will definitely try more shades. It doesn't feel heavy on the lips and I think it is perfect for spring/ summer season.

What is you experience with the Maybelline Color Whispers? Which is your favorite shade?

xoxo
Cristina

P.S. Because we are talking about a lip product, I thought I might as well include a video about exfoliating your lips and a dupe for bliss fabulips pout-o-matic.




One more thing, if you missed the tutorial for the face makeup in the full face picture, you can find it here, or if you are interested in the eye look, just click here

1 comment

Don't be shy! Leave a comment :) It will make my day
Always check back for a reply, I am answering all the comments xo