Sleek Storm Palette Review and Swatches

We all know that Sleek makes some really good affordable makeup products, but does the Sleek Storm palette fits into that category?


Let me start by apologizing for the quality of the pictures, there are done with my old camera and they've been on my computer for a while now (that's why the palette looks so unused).

I don't like to start my reviews on a negative note, but looking at the picture below, I just need to say this: Sleek's packaging is nice and sleek, but OMG, it gets dirty so easy and it's not the easiest to clean. Now that the negative part is out, THIS PALETTE IS AMAZING. Out of all my Sleek palettes, this one has the least amount of fall out. The shadows are nicely pigmented and have a buttery texture to them. To be honest, I don't wear my eyeshadow without a primer/ base, so I don't know how these perform in that situation, but with a base/ primer this last on the eyelid 10-12 hours. I don't think anyone needs more than that! Another small minus I can find for this palette is the absence of a matte highlighting shade, but that doesn't bother me so much considering I tend to use my Wen n Wild single eyeshadow in Brulee for brow bone highlighting.

I like that this palette carters for all the skin tones out there. I used this on people with darker skin tone than mine and the colors still showed up beautifully. While it doesn't have a matte highlight shade, the palette comes with 3 matte shades (2 brown/taupe colors and a black) which I find perfect for the crease!



My favorite shades from this palette are: 

-third shade from the top row: it makes the perfect transition color on my skintone!
-fifth shade from the top row: it such a nice pale pink color, perfect for using on the eyelid. 
-forth color from the bottom row: it a blueish purple color and I love to use this as a liner; it makes my eye color pop.

If you are following my blog/ YouTube channel you would know that I posted two looks using this palette. If you haven't seen them yet, click here (for a more intense look) or here (for the perfect fresh spring look).

Overall, I really recommend this palette, especially if you are just starting up with makeup. It is versatile and the quality of the shadows is great for the price. 

You can purchase this palette from SleekMakeup.com for €9.99.

Do you own any Sleek makeup? Which is your favorite eyeshadow palette? 

xoxo
Cristina

Don't forget to enter the giveaway!

4 comments

  1. Sleek eyeshadow palettes are such a great find! I love the au natural palette and the oh so special palette. They are both incredible and some of the best palettes I own (including high end!).

    Kal x

    Cluttered Closet

    MAC Lipstick/Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this palette its amazing
    http://fay-justbeauty.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this palette and adore it. But you are right about the packaging getting dirty very easily and it is the same with all of their products. If they were just easy to clean...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that blueish purple one too. Visiting from Wake Up Wednesday Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment :) It will make my day
Always check back for a reply, I am answering all the comments xo