Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation Review

Good morning ladies :)

It's foundation time :) As you can guess, today I want to share my thoughts on Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation.



I bought this foundation back in may in shade 53 and I love it ever since :) And here is is a picture with the foundation applied on my hand and not blended :)


What I love the most about this foundation ?

  • it feels light on skin;
  • it blend wonderful;
  • the color match - when I am searching for a foundation, I find most of them too dark for me even in the lightest shade; with this one I am using the second lightest shade;
  • the semi- matte finish - I find the semi-matte finish ideal for my needs.
I find the coverage of this foundation to be light, but it can increase using a stippling brush or a blending sponge. For taking this pictures, I applied the foundation using H&M Makeup Sponge (review coming soon).

Before
After
 As you can see, it didn't cover much but it did even out my skin tone and covered some redness.
This foundation claims to stay on for 16 hours, which I find not true. For me it starts to fade after 7-8 hours, but that is enough.

For which type of skin is this foundation ?
I didn't find written on the packaging, but I think it is best for normal/combination/oily skin. I have oily skin during the summer and combination for the rest of the year and this foundation never looked cakey on me. But, last days I wore I had a really dry patch around my mouth and I found out that it really emphasized it. So, definitely not for dry skin!

Would I recommend it?
Yes! If you have normal/combination.oily skin I think it is worth to give it a try. Mine is almost ending, but I will definitely repurchase it! It is not my HG because I would like a little bit more coverage, but till I find my HG this is the foundation I will use. 

Did you try Bourjois foundations? What do you think about them ? Which is your HG Foundation?

Thanks for reading and till next time, see you soon :)

xxx
Cristina

11 comments

  1. I really liked this foundation when I had it. We did a comparison review on our blog to the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and it was a great dupe! I wish they sold it in the states:(
    New followers here from the BLT blog hop!
    Laura @ www.abrunetteduet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I also bought this foundation recently in the same shade as yours! :)
    I love how it's light and gentle. I don't need as much coverage, so the coverage it DOES give is perfect for me :)

    www.cosmeticallycreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you :) One day soon it will give enough coverage for me also considering that I doing progresses with my skin everyday :D

      Delete
    2. Nice review :) Would you know where I could buy this foundation online? ;o Would you also happen to know if ASOS and Boots.com are reliable?

      Delete
    3. I am sorry but I don't know where it can be purchased online, it depends from you are also:) I never ordered from ASOS or Boots so I can't say anything about them

      Delete
  3. Sorry for the double message! I didn't see that it would post as a reply.. I wanted to make a new comment :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting this product since a long time ago, but now I'm also interested in Neutrogena Healthy Mix Foundation.. have you tried that one?
    wonder which one works better! XD

    new follower of yours!
    carolinelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't try that one. Is not available where I live :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cristina, these reviews are really good! Thanks so much for visiting my blog recently, I really appreciate it. I'm now following you on GFC and look forward to reading more :

    Lauren @ www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike other blogs I have read which are really not that good.Thanks alot! sterilization

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment :) It will make my day
Always check back for a reply, I am answering all the comments xo