e.l.f. brushes

Hello all :)

So today I will shortly say my opinion about few e.l.f. face brushes that I own. I do own other products other then e.l.f. so probably next post will be about something else.

Almost 1 month ago I ordered 7 brushes from e.l.f. (2 from the studio line and 5 from there essential line) and today I received as a gift with my order one more( bamboo concealer brush). I will be talking about the face brushes that I ordered, because about the concealer brush I can't say more than: "it feels soft and it has a decent size".

The 3 face brushes that I ordered are: studio powder brush, studio complexion brush, professional foundation brush.


Face brushes

e.l.f. Foundation brush (left): e.l.f. says that this brush should facilitate a flawless finish. Unfortunately I do not agree with this. I find this brush awful for foundation/tinted moisturizer (I used with Rimmel Match Perfection and Lumene Tinted Moisturizer), but it works quite well for concealing under eye area. So I like this brush, but not for foundation/ tinted moisturizer. Even though I found a way to use it, I don't think I will repurchase it. I want to try Studio Angled Foundation Brush, maybe I am more lucky with that.

e.l.f. Studio Powder Brush (middle): I use this for my Maybelline Dream Creamy Foundation and I just love how it applies the foundation on my skin. I also used it with e.l.f. Mineral Foundation and I liked how it delivered the product on my skin. What I DON'T like is that is shedding a lot. I read other reviews about this brush and no one complained about shedding so much. I would take the risk to repurchase it, just because I might have been unlucky with this one.

e.l.f. Studio Complexion Brush (right): I use it for blush and bronzer. It delivers the product nice on my skin and it is NOT shedding. I tried to use it for mineral foundation also, but I like more how the powder brush delivers the product on my face. I would repurchase this again.

This was my opinion... Have you tried this brushes? What do you think about them? What other brushes would you recommend ?

6 comments

  1. great review:)

    themake-upcounter.blogspot.co.uk <--- elf reviews:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutley love my Elf Powder brush, I have two and they're great :)I'd love to hear your opinon on the Bamboo Brush!
    http://theredoneblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bamboo Concealer Brush review is coming next week. By the way, you have a lovely blog, I followed you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I quite like the foundation brush! I do tend to have to use my fingers to blend it in after though! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Studio Powder Brush sheds a lot. There is one spot on the brush that keeps shedding. It's as if the brush wasn't properly made because the shedding is literally in one particular spot as if it wasn't glued.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Britney: I have quite the same problem with a spot not glued properly, I suppose e.l.f. needs to check more the quality of the brushes before putting them on the market. I was surprised to have problems with it after I read so many good reviews about this brush.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment :) It will make my day
Always check back for a reply, I am answering all the comments xo