e.l.f. Personal Blend Foundation

Hey all:)

Long time, no seeing... Sorry but I was a little bit busy with exams and there are more to come in the next period. But lets get to our business: e.l.f. Personal Blend Foundation.



I got it in light, which has the shades Porcelain, Fair, Light and Beige.


I bought Personal Blend Foundation and not just the Mineral Foundation because, when you are buying online I find it quite hard to find the perfect match to your skin tone, so I wanted to have a range of colors. For this time of the year I think that Fair is the perfect shade for me.

What e.l.f. says:
"Create customized mineral based color for a perfect match, year-round! Housed in a unique quad chamber for the perfect mix, the weightless mineral formulation blends seamlessly into skin and contains natural skin protecting SPF 15 and is 100% mineral based with no parabens, preservatives or chemical dyes. Infused with key Vitamin E for rich antioxidants that hydrate and replenish the skin. The inner dial allows you to control the amount of product dispensed so you can create your customized color and keep the powder closed for clean and easy use every time."
What I say:

If you want full coverage this definitely is not for you. It gives a light coverage, which can be built up to medium. It blends really easily, but it doesn't last on my skin more than 4 hours if I am not using a setting spray. I apply it over my tinted moisturizer from Lumene using e.l.f. Studio Powder Brush ( I am in love with it) and I get exactly the coverage that I want. And now comes the down side: I hate the container! ( and I think a lot of people feel the same). It is hard and messy to take out the product (e.l.f. really needs to improve that), so in the mornings when I am hurrying I am just applying other foundation/ just tinted moisturizer.

Here are some swatches of the shades:

                                      Not blended. From left to right: Porcelain, Fair, Light, Beige.
                                Blended into the skin. From left to right: Porcelain, Fair, Light, Beige.

Conclusions: I think it is a good product if you are not searching for a foundation which gives you full coverage and you don't care about the container. I have it for about 3 weeks now and it didn't cause any problems for my skin, I can even say that my skin looks better. I am satisfied with it and I will definitely buy it again.

So, did you buy any e.l.f. mineral foundation? How do you like it ?

1 comment

  1. 100% agree with you about the coverage and messiness! xx

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment :) It will make my day
Always check back for a reply, I am answering all the comments xo