e.l.f. Christmas Makeup Clutch Palette and Eyelid Primer review

Hi everyone :)

I found out about e.l.f. recently when I was searching new cheap&good makeup products. When I saw the prices of the products, of course I needed to try them. In my first order I got: All Over Cover Stick (Apricot Beige), Eyebrow Stencil, Corrective Concealer, Wet Gloss Lash and Brow Clear Mascara, Blending Eye Brush, Brightening Eye Liner, Eyelid Primer (Sheer), Brow Comb and Brush, Personal Blend Foundation SPF 15 (Light), Professional Shine Eraser, Eye Shadow Brush, Lipstick (Voodoo), Christmas Makeup Clutch Palette, Luscious Liquid Lipstick (Baby Lips), Moisturizing lip tint SPF 8 (Natural), Foundation Brush, Studio Powder Brush, Eye Crease Brush and Studio Complexion Brush. But in this post I will be talking about Christmas Makeup Clutch Palette and Eyelid Primer.


Lets start with Christmas Makeup Clutch Palette. I paid £7.50 and I got:
  • 32 eyeshadow;
  • 2 blushers;
  • 1 bronzer;
  • 6 lip colors;
  • 1 face shimmer;
  • 1 eyebrow powder;
  • 1 eyebrow cream;
  • 3 dual ended eyeshadow applicators;
  • 1 mirror. 


When opened, the palette looks like this:

(Sorry that mirror doesn't appear in the picture.)

The eyeshadow colors are in a good combination, giving the opportunity to try different looks ( neutral looks as well as more bold ones). So far so good, but there is a small problem with some of the colors: they are not so pigmented, without an eyelid primer they won't really show up. Here are some swatches without a primer:


First row up, from left to right.


Second row, from left to right.

Third row, from left to right.

Forth row, from left to right.

I can say that I am new at using bronzer, but I think that this one is great for contouring. I use it everyday since I received the palette and it blends really well. I don't know if it will work with darker skin colors (I am not even sure that it will work for me when I will be suntanned), but with the fair/light skin tone that I have now works great.

One blusher is in a peachy color and the other one is a pink color. I think both of them will look great of any skin tone.

I used the face shimmer only once (to try it out), because is to greasy for my taste.

Here are some swatches:

From left to right: bronzer, blusher 1, blusher 2, face shimmer.

About the lip colors I can't say too much because I used them just for swatches. As you will be able to see, the colors look pretty different from how they look in the palette.


I used the brow powder and the brow cream only once, just to realize that they are to dark for me. For people with darker brows will work just fine, but on me (I am dark blond) they just don't look nice.

From left to right: brow powder, brow cream.

What I think about this palette? Well, is worth to buy: eyeshadows are nice ( though for some of them a primer is a MUST) and blushers and bronzer are good. For the money you pay, you receive enough.

The Eyelid Primer was £1.50 for 4.81g of product and I bought it in Sheer. To be honest, is the first time when I am using a primer, but it does exactly what e.l.f. description says:

"Preps your eyelid for smoother, longer-lasting and crease-proof eyeshadow. The ultra sheer nude color works to increase eye color longevity. The lightweight liquid formula quickly absorbs into the skin for comfortable wear."

Here are some pictures:

Just applied to skin.


Blended into skin.

I am 100% happy with this product and for me is a HIT.

I would recommend the products mention above because they are a great value for the money.

All pictures above were taken in natural light.

Yours new blogger,
Cristina

6 comments

  1. Great review!:) How did you get the layout for your blog?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember the website, sorry, but I wrote on Google " blogger templates". I am sure that I didn't take it from btemplates.com . Sorry that I can't help more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry Cristina:)

    http://www.themake-upcounter.blogspot.com

    i would appreciate some tips:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey :) now I realize, you won an ELF competition :D congrats :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. thankyouu Cristina:)
    I have some products i want to sell if your interested? no shipping cost!:)
    would youu like to talk over email instead?:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes :) that would be great. You can find my e-mail on contact page.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment :) It will make my day
Always check back for a reply, I am answering all the comments xo