La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo - Worth the hype?

Another skincare post? Oh yeah!
This is a loooong due post since I stopped using La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo somewhere in September, but you know what they say, better later than never so here is my opinion about this infamous skincare item. And just to make sure it's clear, I will be talking about the European version.


La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo comes in a 40ml "squeezy" tube and it claims to be an corrective and unclogging anti-imperfections care.



Do I agree with the claims?
Not really....While it has a nice texture and it makes a nice base for foundation, I can't say it did much for my skin. I have a suspicion it made it worse because my skin was clearing out and than I started to use this and the land of breakouts came back on my face.



I know a lot of people swear by this, but I'm just not so sure it's so amazing. According to cosdna.com La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo has a highly comedogenic ingredient (Myristyl Myristate), a medium one(Glyceryl Stearate SE) and an irritant(Sodium Hydroxide). While the comedogenic ingredients are low on the ingredient list, I am sure they still affect at least sensitive skins (like mine), if not all skin types. If the comedogenic ingredient "doesn't get to you", than there is a bigger chance the irritant will because it's higher on the list.

Call me stupid, but I can't understand how in a products designed for skin with acne/breakouts can be comedogenic ingredients and irritants...

If you haven't guess yet, in my opinion, La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo it's NOT worth the hype. Again, I know there are a lot of people who swear by this, but this just proves once more that everyone is different.

Did you try La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo? How did it work for you? Do you pay attention to the ingredients in cosmetics?

xoxo
Cristina

P.S. comedogenic=clogs pores


6 comments

  1. I get those annoying under the skin spots and this has majorly helped!!

    Adele-Marie xx

    One Girls Obsession With Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading quite a few posts on it being disappointing. I was thinking of getting it but I think I will pass now. Thanks for your honest review :)

    www.natalielovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with you. I heard rave reviews about this product, bought it and it didn't give me the results I was looking for. I have sensitive skin and this product doesn't irritate my skin, which is good, but it doesn't do much for me.

    May from La Vie En May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skincare products just don't work for everyone the same...at least I am not the only one not impressed with La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo :)

      Delete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment :) It will make my day
Always check back for a reply, I am answering all the comments xo