Skincare Routine {Steps to Clear Skin - Part 2}

As part of #2014BloggerChallange, today I'm bringing you a skincare routine post. If you are an old reader of my blog, you already know I am(was) struggling with acne for around a year now. Since the end of 2012 when I managed to ruin my skin by using some foundation, I've been on a constant hunt for skincare products which would help me to get rid of acne. Actually, since my second year of university (now I'm in my 4th) I started to get more blemishes than before, but hell opened only in November 2012. After some visits to dermatologist and some research of my own, I came up with this skin care routine. Some of this products I am using for some years now, but I guess they weren't in the right combination. Without further due, here is what I am using to take care of my skin...


A small mention before getting into details: I have sensitive combination to oily acne prone skin (Yes, I've got all the "good" characteristics). 

Morning routine:

  • Avene Cleanance Gel - Soapless cleanser: I love how well this cleans my face. I am using it for 2-3 years now and a bottle lasts me around half a year. I guess using it for so long says a lot...
  • Avene Cleanance Toner - This has a powder at the bottom of the bottle so you need to shake it well before using it. I like that it helps my skin stay matte for longer.
  • Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Line Smoothing Eye Cream - I started using this last October, when my under eye are started to feel dryer. I didn't see major improvement on the fine lines under my eye, but it does make a good base for my concealer. 
  • L'Oreal Skin Perfection Advanced Correcting Serum - At the moment I ran out of this, but a new one is soon to arrive. I started using this in the end of October and it made a huge difference, but more about this, in a future review...
  • Sebamed Clear Face Care Gel - I didn't use it everyday when I had the serum, but now that I ran out of that, I'm using it everyday. I don't use a primer underneath my foundation everyday and this makes a great base for makeup. It has a simple ingredient list and it's moisturizing enough for my combination/oily skin.
Evening routine - this actually changes weather I wear makeup that day or not. If I don't wear makeup I would just clean my face with some Bioderma Micelle Solution and than I apply my acne treatment (MASKrym - you don't need prescription for it, or at least in Romania you don't) and the Palmer's Eye Cream. Sometimes, 15 min after I applied my treatment I would apply the L'Oreal Serum or the Sebamed gel. To be honest I do this last step rarely because I usually clean my face just before sleep, so I am too lazy to go out from bed to do something more.  If I wore makeup that day, I would cleaned my face with Bioderma Micelle Solution and my eye makeup with the Bourjois Makeup Remover (it removes any mascara in a blink, no rubbing needed). Then I follow up with the Avene Cleanance Gel and just after that my acne treatment and eye cream.

A lot of people see my routine as being complicated, but really, once you get used to it it just comes natural. I can't stress enough how important is to have a well established skin care routine when you have sensitive acne prone skin.

Except the things I use daily, I have some other things that I use once in awhile, but that's for another post. I will also write a post showing the progress my skin made in the last months.

This is my skincare routine, but which is yours?

xoxo
Cristina

P.S. For part 1 of this series, click here.

No comments

Don't be shy! Leave a comment :) It will make my day
Always check back for a reply, I am answering all the comments xo