MAC Paint Pot - Painterly - the Best Primer for Oily Eyelids?

MAC's Painterly Paint Pot was actually my first purchase from MAC; it was so hyped by YouTubers with oily eyelids that I just couldn't help myself. Now the questions are: is it worth the hype and is it the best primer for oily eyelids?
 

If you read my blog in the last year, you know my answer, but...

If you don't know what Paint Pots are, they are cream eyeshadows made by MAC. Painterly is a matte beige color which if you are around NC/W15-20 should look like your eyelids but better.


As I was saying, I bought this because every makeup "guru"/beauty blogger with oily eyelids was raving about it. To be honest I was expecting it to be good, but not that GREAT! In my opinion this is a life saver: it makes my eyeshadows stay vibrant all day/night long with now creasing. If I don't want to wear any eyeshadow one day, but I am worried my eyelids are a little read and some veins show up, this again saves the day - it evens out the color of my eyelids while still looking natural.

Worth the hype?
Definitely! If you have oily eyelids and you didn't find a primer that helps your eyeshadows to stay on with no creasing, run out and get this one. If you have dry eyelids, you may want to skip it, or at least try it before you buy it.

Best primer for oily eyelids?
At this point in my life, I can say yes!

Value for the money?
If I remember well, I paid around 18€ for it, which might seem pricy, but you only need a tiny amount so it lasts for ages. Because some people are complaining that the MAC Paint Pots are drying out fast, let me give you a piece of advice (which you may have heard already): store them upside down!

I am definitely in love with MAC Paint Pot in Painterly and I would repurchase in a heart bit (and maybe try some other shades also), but which is your favorite eye primer? Did you try the MAC Paint Pot in Painterly?

xoxo
Cristina

5 comments

  1. I've been debating whether or not to buy this for a while now but I questioned how good it would actually be at priming my eyelids, but after reading this I think I'll have to buy it! great post x
    lucy = http://beautyworthy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this and finished it and now want it again! I use the Too Faced primer and love it, got oily lids and it works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How does the Too Faced primer compare with the Painterly paint pot?

      Delete
  3. Wow! I need this in my life now. I've been meaning to get a skin tone cream shadow to even out my skin tone and had been thinking of getting this. Fab review! :) x

    www.natalielovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment :) It will make my day
Always check back for a reply, I am answering all the comments xo