NYX Powder Blushes - Summer Peach and Taupe - Review and Swatches

On my hunt for a suitable contour color for my fair skin I came across NYX Powder Blush in Taupe and because I couldn't buy just one, I decided to try also a shade which will work as a blush - Summer Peach. I've herd a loot of good things about NYX Powder Blushes so I though "why not?". Did they deliver to my expectations?

I have bought this blushes in July 2013 and they have been my favorite for the rest of the summer. I still use Summer Peach occasionally and Taupe whenever I like a natural contour to my face. Both blushes have 4g of product each and come in in a black packaging with a transparent lid. Now I will brake this  review in 2 and talk about each blush particularly.


Summer Peach is a warm peachy pink with golden shimmer. What got me hooked on this is that it's shimmery, not glittery! It does appear more shimmery in the pan, but once I applied to the skin it just gives a lovely glow. It is nicely pigmented, but not to the point you need to be very careful not to pick too much product.  I see Summer Peach suiting most of the skin tones, but I can vouch it does a wonderful job on fair skin.


Taupe, as the name says, it is a taupe color, perfect for contouring on fair to medium skin. On pan it might appear a little shimmery, but on skin it is totally matte. As it's "brother" Summer Peach, it is nicely pigmented but not to the point you need to worry you picked too much product. This is my go to contouring shade because it doesn't have any orange hue, so it looks natural on the skin.

I have really tried the staying power of this blushes during hot summer days, and I can happily report back that they both exceeded my expectations - they lasted all day with minimal fading (if any).

Overall, I really love this blushes and they are a great value for the 5$ they cost. At the moment I am trying to keep my self from buying makeup till I run out of some product, but in the future I definitely plan to order more shades.

What is your experience with NYX Powder Blushes? Which is your favorite contouring shade?

xoxo
Cristina

10 comments

  1. I adore the shade of Summer Peach! I'm planning to try that one out ;)

    It would mean the world to me if you checked out my blog. :)

    pembe-makaron.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer Peach is a gorgeous shade :) thanks for stopping by x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer Peach is beautiful and I like that there is a little golden shimmer. I'm so into products that give the skin a nice glow.

    Keisha
    www.chrysalisgals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer Peach is a really lovely shade! Would check out NYX blushers once I am finished with my current one :)

    Strings of Memories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you check them out :) they are great quality for the price.

      Delete
  5. I am super fair and these looks amazing. I really like NYX blushes. They are such great products especially for the money. Thanks for sharing these finds with us.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment :) It will make my day
Always check back for a reply, I am answering all the comments xo