#2014BloggerChallenge - The Da Vinci Code

Ok, different post today...as part of #2014bbloggerchallenge today I will talk about a book: The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. This is a very special book to me because it was the book which made me enjoy reading! I remember how much I didn’t like reading during secondary school; I just couldn’t read anything from the reading lists from school, I just didn’t enjoy it. When I was in 8th grade, all my class mates were talking about The Da Vinci code, but me being me I thought it is just another boring book. 8th grade finished and I found myself stuck visiting my aunt, getting so bored that I started to look through bookshelves and found this book. Because my level of boredom was rising fast, I decided to give it a try and that was one of the best decisions I made!




The Da Vinci Code is the first book which has Robert Langdon (symbolism professor) as main character and it follows him and cryptologist Sophie Neveu as they investigate a murder that happened in the Louvre Museum. Because of some religious subjects addressed, this is the kind of book you either love it or leave it. (And that’s all you get from me about the plot, I don’t want to spoil things for anyone who hasn’t read it yet).

I guess by now, you know I loved this book and it has converted me into an avid reader. I also became a Dan Brown fan; there is something about his writing style that gets me into the book right away and after that I just can’t stop reading. By now, I read all the books he published, but The Da Vinci Code still has a special place in my heart.

With the risk of being criticized, I need to say that his books also made me start some kind of research about religion and all the things the Bible says. Don’t get me wrong, I am Christianized as an Orthodox and I believe in God, but I sometimes I just can’t stop myself to wonder.

That being said, it’s time to talk a little bit about The Da Vinci Code- the Movie. If you read the book you probably found the movie very disappointing. I actually watched it again during last autumn, and though it passed so much time since I read the book, I still found it very disappointing – plot changes ruined a lot!

Now let’s end it like a beauty review: do I recommend it? Yes, if you like a little bit of mystery, thriller, crime and fiction, this is the book for you. (as well as the other books by Dan Brown). If you are a little bit of a tech nerd (like I am), definitely give Digital Fortress a go. (This was actually the second book by Dan Brown which I read)



Did you read any book written by Dan Brown? Which is your favorite book?


xoxo
Cristina

8 comments

  1. I've only watched The Da Vinci Code and not yet read it. I didn't really like it that much either. :\

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have watched the movie and I have also read the book. I must say that I liked the book better. It has more details that suit my imagination and fanciful thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. watch it!! will try to read it ahhah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a huge Dan Brown fan! And I loved the movies too ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read all the Dan Brown books apart from Inferno, so many people have said it isn't great that I haven't yet decided whether I want to read it or not.
    www.beautykinguk.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I definitely like the other books more, but I still consider Inferno worth reading

      Delete
  6. My favourite Dan Brown book is Digital Fortress. I didn't enjoy the Da Vince Code that much. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment :) It will make my day
Always check back for a reply, I am answering all the comments xo