How to get rid of pimpels, breakouts or however you want to call them

Hello ladies :)

As you can guess from title, today I want to show you a method for getting rid of pimples, breakouts , mild acne or however you want to call it :)

I said in a past post, lately I started to struggle with breakouts.I did a little research and I found out that clay masks really help acne and a lot more. There were 2 options: to buy an already made clay mask or to buy clay and make it my self. I chose to buy clay and make my own mask.

If you want to find out how I make it, keep reading...



The mask I chose to make is just clay and water. You can choose between green clay (which is said to be the best for acne prone skin) or white clay=kaolin (if your skin is acne prone and sensitive). I bought a Romanian brand and it is not really specified what kind it is, but it is mostly the only one available on the market.


What you need for this mask ? 
  • clay;
  • wooden/ceramic spoon;
  • wooden/ceramic container;
  • water;
  • a brush for applying(optional).
Attention!!! Do NOT use plastic or metal when preparing clay masks.

*I used bottled water, but you can water from tap also

How to make it ?

  • approximate how  much clay you need and add it in the container;
*this is how much I used
  • add water and mix(most of the times I used almost a double amount of water than clay).
*I start by adding a small amount of water and I constantly add till I have a creamy paste, not too liquid, not too solid.
How the final result looks like ?

Apply the mixture on your face using your fingers or a brush (I used an old blush brush from a travel set from Avon-picture below) and wait till it dries(approximately 20-30 minutes). When it is dried, remove it from your face with lukewarm water.


It is recommended to make this mask everyday for a week and then twice a week till your face is clear. If your skin is sensitive, it is not recommended to use this mask everyday. Also, after washing off the mask you might suffer some redness, but don't worry, it will pass in the next 30 minutes.

Tip! What I like to do after washing my mask is spraying a fine mist oh thermal water and let it sink into the skin.

I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know it you tried it :)

xx,
Cristina



3 comments

  1. hey! i tagged you for the 11 questions tag! find out the rules here; http://themake-upcounter.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/tag-11-questions.html :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I nominated you for the Leibster award x he rules are on my blog ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks lovely, wish i knew where to get clay where I live!
    liv x
    http://livflorence.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment :) It will make my day
Always check back for a reply, I am answering all the comments xo