Foundation Routine for Acne Prone Skin {How I Cover Up My Acne - Picture Heavy}


I've blogged every day on February, except yesterday. Why I didn't do it yesterday? Oh well...I realized it would be my 100 post and I wanted to be something special, but I was having in mind only reviews... That being said, today the idea hit me: my foundation routine for covering up my acne. Here is a before and after picture, so if you want to know what I did....

*excuse the funny bare face

I used just 1 foundation, 2 concealers a translucent powder and only 2 brushes.


I started with a clean moisturized face....I have somehow oily face, but moisturizing is a must for me and makes a real difference on how my makeup applies. Tip: Never skip moisturizer!


Step 1: I put 2 pumps of my Bourjois Flower Perfection foundation (shade 51 Light Vanilla) on the back of my hand and then I applied (and blended) it all over my face using Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I start on the middle of my face, working my way outwards (like everyone?!).



Step 2: Though the Bourjois foundation can be built up till full coverage I don't enjoy caking up my face so I followed up with to concealers ( Garnier Roll- On Anti- dark circles for my under eye area and Lumene Natural Code 2 in 1Spot Delete Cover for my acne) which I blended out with with my fingers. Note to myself: always use the Lumene concealer under your foundation! It is to yellow for you!



I was in a hurry when I was doing my make up today  so I forgot to cover my forehead pimples with concealer. Ooops!

Step 3: I applied theBalm Sexy Mama Translucent Power with a Real Techniques Multi Task Brush and ....Voilà!



*not my best angle, but bare with me
Of course I applied blush afterwords, but I didn't have time to make a picture.

To be honest I am quite satisfied with this routine because it's quick and efficient. Also, it still lets my skin show through and it doesn't look cakey on my face (or at lest I think so - Other opinions?). If I am really in a hurry and I still want to do my make up, probably I will probably skip concealer, because I don't mind my pimples still being visible a little bit.

For me, it is a quite big different between before and after and I will stick with this till I find something better or till I get clear face.

Acne doesn't define me as a person and I don't mind going out without makeup, but some days I just want to forget it's there and I want to look more polished.

What is your foundation routine?

xoxo
Cristina

8 comments

  1. I've been using Lumene's BB cream which gives me almost medium coverage and I love it. I do want to try the under eye concealer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the Lumene BB cream yet, but I might give it a try in the near future :)

      Delete
  2. You are gorgeous and i love real techniques brushes

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x


    Oh and I'm running a giveaway, if you want to pop over and have a nosey!

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/my-first-giveaway.html


    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice routine, I have quite a bit of scarring from past acne so it was nice to see how you do yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a really good job! How do you like the Bourjois foundation?
    I myself did a tutorial on covering acne but with a drugstore color corrector palette http://smashinbeauty.com/how-to-cover-acne-acne-scars-and-blemishes-makeup-tutorial

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I had a look at your tutorial and I saw you are using the essence concealer palette :) Unfortunately that one is only making my pimples worse :(

      Delete
  5. You did a great job - I have a lot of scarring from my acne and I struggle to get full coverage that isn't cakey.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment :) It will make my day
Always check back for a reply, I am answering all the comments xo