In My Makeup Box: January

Good afternoon ladies :)

January ended, so it's time to show you what products I had on my vanity/desk this month. To be honest, I have them there, but I didn't use them all...(shame on me). If you didn't guess yet, I'm telling you, a long list is about to come...


To make things easier, I will split them into 2 categories: face and eyes.

Starting with face...

  • Bourjois Flower Perfection foundation (shade 51) - This was my most used foundation. I am not in love with it (right now, I am not in love with any foundation), but it's OK for everyday use.
  • Dior Diorskin Forever Flowless foundation (shade 002) - I really liked this foundation, but somewhere in the middle of this month, I realized that this might be the cause of the breakouts that I had in November and December (and I'm still trying to get rid of them).
  • L'Oreal Infallible Makeup (shade 15 Porcelain) - This was actually part of my January Haul and I don't really like it...I have cool undertones, but this foundation it's to pink. I used only once, I didn't really like it...I will try it more this month, maybe I will make it work. 
  • Garnier Oil Free BB Cream (shade Light) - I don't really know why this was in my makeup box, I didn't use it at all. My skin it's not exactly in the best condition (I have some dry patches) and I know that this will accentuate those. Anyway, when my skin is in its normal condition, I like it and I reviewed it here.  
  • Garnier Roll-on Anti-dark circles (shade 01) - I used this, like usually, to conceal my dark circles. I have a full review on it here.
  • Lumene Natural Code 2 in 1Spot Delete Cover - This is supposed to be my spot concealer but I didn't use it this month just because I was supposed to use it before my foundation (it is to yellow for my skin tone and used over foundation looks weird) and I was always forgetting.
  • Sleek Face Contour Kit - It's not first time when I am mentioning it so by this time you all know that I like this.
  • theBalm Sexy Mama - This was also part of my January Haul and I can say that slowly it's becoming my HG!! Yes, that's true! This may take the place of my e.l.f. mineral booster.
(Now let me ask you something: who needs three foundations in a month ???)

...ending with eyes.

  • Maybelline One by One Volume Express Mascara Waterproof - I love this mascara! I think that the waterproof version is better than the non-waterproof one.
  • Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara - This came with my Too Faced Little Black Book of Beauty palette and I love it also. I am alternating daily between this one and the Maybelline one.
  • Essence superfine eyeliner pen - This is another product that was there but I didn't really use it , maybe just a little bit at the beginning of the month. It's not a bad product, but I just found something that I like more.
  • Rimmel London Exaggerate Eyeliner(002 Absolute Brown) - And this is what is better than the Essence eyeliner. It is so easy to draw a line with this. Love it! The color is a deep brown, but I will definitely go back and buy a black one also.
  • Maybelline Master Smoky (Smoky Chocolate) - This was also in my January Haul, but I didn't get around to use it. I bought this in the beginning of January from Romania and I really thought that I will get a lot of use from it. It didn't happen YET.
  •  e.l.f. eyelid primer - Can you believe I didn't use this?? If you saw my January Haul you can guess why!
  • Stila Smudge Sticks (Angelfish and Moray) - I love Angelfish on my lower waterline. In the rest of the shades from the set I won I could notice the glitter, not in this one - just a pearly finish.
  • Avon superSHOCK Gel Eyeliner Pen (Black) - I actually like this pretty much, I didn't expect to like it, because all the eyeliners that I tried in the past from Avon, lacked pigment. This one is different!
  • Essence gel eyeliner - I actually didn't even know I had this in there, till I took everything out to make the pictures...Oops!
  • MAC Paint Pot (Painterly) - This is what it replaced my e.l.f. eyelid primer... I love it under eyeshadow as a base and I love it on its own just to even out my eyelid color.
  • Essence Stay All Day Long Lasting Eyeshadow (09 for fairies) - Didn't use it in January, but I know that I like it!
  • NYX Eyebrow Cake and Powder (03 TAUPE/ASH) - I love this! No hint of red in the powders and this makes it great for my eyebrows :)
  • Stila Written in the Stars Eyeshadow Palette - I used this almost all month for my daily eye looks. I didn't try it yet for more intense looks, but it might do the job. 
Congratulations! You made through another long post! Looking back at this list and seeing how many things I didn't use, I wonder I even put them in there....Oh, well....I hope February will be a better month...

What did you use/plan to use in January ? 

xo
Cristina

P.S. Tomorrow I will post my monthly favorites :)

6 comments

  1. I used that L'oreal foundation too and hated it. It broke out my skin because it is so perfumed x
    lifeandlipsticks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, now you made me scarred to even put this on my face again ! x

      Delete
  2. Hey hun, thanks for visiting my blog :)
    I quite fancy trying the Maybelline One By One mascara. But at the end of the day, I think I just love my L'oreal Volume Million too much, nothing has ever compared to it and it's the one item I stick with religiously!
    I have had the Painterly paint pot on my wish list forever!
    Mel xx

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never tried L'Oreal Volume Million but I read a lot of rave reviews :) Maybe I will give it a try :D

      Delete
  3. I've got Garniers Bb cream, I love it, but the light shade is a bit too dark for me. Great post!

    Lauren
    Laurensbeautydepartment.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I think now it is for me also since it's winter, but in summer it's a great match :D

      Delete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment :) It will make my day
Always check back for a reply, I am answering all the comments xo