Cook with me: Chocolate Chip Muffins & Apple Muffins

Hello lovely people :)

First of all, Happy Easter to everyone who is celebrating Easter today :) Today I decided to do another “Cook with me” post, because …oh well…I discovered an easy great recipe earlier today. If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter or Facebook, you already know what I’m talking about: MUFFINS! I was in the mood for something sweet… As I already said I am trying to eat more healthy (I am not saying this recipe is healthy) and when the urge comes I try at least to make something homemade. I found this recipe on Google and personalized it a little bit... Anyways, here it the end result and click “Continue Reading” to see the recipe.


Ingredients (for 12 muffins):
  • 2 eggs;
  • 125 ml milk;
  • 4 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil;
  • 200 g flour;
  • 120 g caster sugar;
  • 2 tea spoons of baking powder;
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt.
If you want 12 apple muffins, than you will need also 2 medium sized apples. For chocolate chip muffins, of course you will need chocolate chips as many as you want – if you want a lot of chocolate, than you’ll need more. I wanted 6 Chocolate Chip Muffins and 6 Apple Muffins so I used 1 medium sized apple and ….to be honest I don’t know how much chocolate, but anyways here is a matter of taste.

How to:
  1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and prepare the muffin tin.
  2. Beat the eggs with a fork, then add the milk and the oil and mix.
  3. In an other bowl mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
  4. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix for maybe 30 seconds. The batter should be lumpy and if you see pockets of flour, it’s OK! You shouldn’t over mix, or the muffins will be hard.
  5. Now it’s time to peel and dice the apples.
  6. If you want 2 types of muffins, just pour half of your batter in another bowl.
  7. Add the diced apple to the batter and stir lightly.
  8. Add your desired amount of chocolate chips to the bowl with batter and stir lightly.  
  9. Fill in the muffin cups 2/3 full (I’ll be honest, mine were more like 3/4 full) and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
TIP!!! If you really like chocolate, you can sprinkle some chocolate chips over the chocolate chip muffins, before putting them to the oven. (I did this, so you can see the result into the picture).
This recipe is super fast and it’s a life saver when you want something sweet fast. Also you can make it without the apple or the chocolate chips, just add some vanilla extract to the liquid ingredients (to give some flavor) and you are good to go.

I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know if you try this recipe. Also, I have an important question: do you enjoy this cooking posts on a beauty blog?

xoxo
Cristina

Don't forget to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Bloglovin and Pintrest :) There are some nice floating hearts on the right side of the screen to help you :)

3 comments

  1. Really want to try the apply muffins, they sound really nice!

    Lauren
    Fashionswirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really nice:D I liked them even more than the chocolate ones :D

      Delete
  2. The chocolate muffins looks yummy :)
    Even i do beauty and food posts together !!!

    The Blah Queen recently posted Best Mehendi Designs

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment :) It will make my day
Always check back for a reply, I am answering all the comments xo