Hide the Purple Step by Step Eye Look

Hello lovelies :)

If you follow me on Instagram (and if you don't, you should!), you probably saw that I asked about one week ago if I should post my first eye look tutorial. There weren't any comments to that picture, but there were few "likes" so I decided to take my chances and post this. Because it is my first post of this type, I am not sure how it will turn out, but please bare with me and also leave a comment with what you think about it and what should I do different.

For this look, I used Too Faced Little Black Book of Beauty Palette and I chose the name "Hide the Purple" because I intended to do a purple eye look, but I ended up hiding almost all purple. I also try to use as less tools as possible as I know not everyone has a lot of clean eye brushes waiting to be used. Here is a picture with the shades I and than goes the look.




  1. Prime your eyelids. (I used e.l.f. eyelid primer)
  2. With a fluffy brush, apply color no. 1 in the crease of your eye and blend it.
  3. Wipe down your brush and take color no.2 and apply it on your eyelid. Blend it in with color no.1 so there is no exact place where the color changes. 
  4. Wipe down your brush again and with color no.3 blend out any harsh edges. 
  5. To give some depth to the eye, take color  no. 4 on a pencil brush or a smaller blending brush and apply it to the outer third of your eyelid and crease. Blend it in.
  6. 5. Highlight you brow bone and inner corner of the eye using color no.5.
Here would normally go eyeliner and mascara, but I messed it up a little bit with eyeliner and I didn't include any pictures of that. Anyways, here are the not pictured steps:
7. Tight line your upper lash line with a black/purple eyeliner and line your lower lash line with color no.5 using a pencil brush (or an eyeliner brush, but smudge the line afterwords with a cotton bud).
8. Apply your desired mascara. 
This is it! 
What do you think about my small tutorial? Should I do more of this? What should I improve?
xoxo
Cristina

P.S. Tomorrow I will come back from Estonia. Do you want a "What's in my travel make up bag" post?

3 comments

  1. Loving this makeup look, well done!
    Fashionable Eyeglasses Giveaway: http://mykawaiisecret.blogspot.pt/2013/03/firmoo-eyeglasses-giveaway.html

    xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I followed you back from the Aloha Friday Blog Hop!! I love your blog!!! make-up is one of my weaknesses and I LOVE IT!!! I will be coming back here all the time!!!Have a wonderful weekend!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Have a wonderful weekend too :)

      Delete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment :) It will make my day
Always check back for a reply, I am answering all the comments xo