Honey and Honey&Cinnamon Mask for Acne Prone Skin

Hello lovely people :)

Today I decided to share with you two of my favorite DIY face masks. As I already said a billion times, I have acne - now I mostly have pimples and acne scarring which is a huge improvement for my skin. In the last two weeks I started to use honey on my face after doing a little research. There are 2 ways I am applying honey on my face :

  1. just honey - I just take honey from the tube/jar and I massage it into my skin. I let it sit for 15-30 minutes and then I wash it off with lukewarm water. Pretty easy, huh? I do this 5 days a week. Also a tip for you: don't apply too much because as it warms on your face, it will start to melt and cause a huge mess - I use around a table spoon.
  2. honey and cinnamon mask. 

You'll need: cinnamon (powder), honey, a spoon and a bowl or something to mix them in. 



I mix around one table spoon of cinnamon and one of honey and it's more than enough for all my face. I read that you can also add nutmeg to your mask (and in this case will be half a table spoon of nutmeg, half of cinnamon and one of honey), but it seems I can't find nutmeg in Finland, so I didn't try that one. 


After all the mixing is done, your face mask should look something like in the picture above and between us, for me it doesn't have the most appealing color, but oh well....it works. 
Next I would apply this on my face and leave it on for around 20 min. After that time I would wash it off with lukewarm water. I'm using this once a week.  
IMPORTANT!!! Do a test patch before applying this to your whole face. Your skin might be too sensitive for using cinnamon. Also, if any sign of burning appears, wash off immediately. 
Tip: If you can get your hands on organic raw honey, it's even better from what I read. Unfortunately, for me it is quite hard to find (I don't know why) and I would feel weird to order honey online (from another country). I'll look more in shops, but till then just regular honey works great.  

If you do some math, you'll realize that I'm using honey 6 days from 7. About the 7th day I'll talk in a future post from Steps To a Clear Skin series

I am sure, my blog is not the first place where you read that honey it's good for acne, but does it really work? I say YES! I used honey for the last 2 weeks and my skin it's better that it has been in months. It helps the overall aspect of my skin and I tend to say that it helped with my pores and blackheads as well. I also don't get cystic acne anymore, just the odd pimples on my T-zone (and even these are less, more rare and go away a little faster).

Overall, if you suffer with acne, honey is definitely worth a try!

I talk about an other DIY face mask for acne prone skin here. Have a look :)

xoxo
Cristina

5 comments

  1. Oh I love the idea of this, I'm having a girls night in soon so this seems perfect! I might even do a post on it once I've made it and suggest it to my blog viewers - thankyou so much angel!
    - poshbrunette.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I stumble upon your web blog, looking forward for more. see sizegurus site

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to see your blog as it is just what I’ve looking for and excited to read all the posts. I am looking forward to another great article from you.
    Thanks
    Regards,
    Tazorac generic

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment :) It will make my day
Always check back for a reply, I am answering all the comments xo